Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Introduction

Hello,

It is great to be in a class where we can blog - I just started my own blog in May and it has been a very fun experience.

I am not a reader who is only fascinated by the "best writers of all time." Yet, I am much more into the styles of today's authors like Jodi Picoult. I love her style of writing and the fact that she can write books of such mystery and totally leave you hanging but then also writes these beautiful love stories that do the same.

I think Zadie Smith's style of writing is quirky and creative and such a joy to read. She is an author I would love to emulate.


That being said though, I do love the works of James Joyce, who I think is a timeless author with a creative but mysterious style.

I look forward to this class and learning how to read all that I read more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment